It’s 2020 – COVID-19 has changed the way we all work. Small Businesses are going online to sell and survive while a lot of big brands are either downsizing or closing down . Although many businesses already have online presence but this pandemic has changed the view of a lot of traditional businesses pushing them to go online. Traks media would like to shed out some stats about the importance of having a good website design and content which reflects quality and credibility of your business. Does it truly play a part in attracting visitors and influencing their decision to purchase your product?
ANSWER: Much more than you expected!
How much difference does having a good design make?
Here are a few stats that emphasizes on the importance of quality design and content:
- Around “38% of people will stop engaging with a website if the content or layout is unattractive”. – (Source: Adobe)
- “88% of online visitors/users are less likely to return to a site after a bad experience.” – (Source: The Gomez report, Why Web Performance Matters)
This means that your website has to not only create a great first impression by being easy to read, easy to navigate and appealing aesthetically, it also has to entice visitors to stay on your site by almost immediately answering their questions.
- “75% of Credibility of a website is judged based on the company’s website design.” – (Source: Web Credibility Research from Stanford)
Website is a mirror image of your physical company, thus it needs to be able to build trust and credibility or you risk loosing your customers to your competitors with better-designed websites.
- “As per a recent study, 94% of first impressions are design-related.” – (Source: The Effect of Aesthetics on Web Credibility, Farah Alsudani & Matthew Casey)
“Same study also found that 46% of website users decisions are on credibility of a website from its visual appeal & aesthetics.” – (Source: The Real Business of Web Design, John Waters)
- Before checking out other sections on a website around “47% of website visitors check out a company’s products/services first” – (Source: Traks Media)
- Lastly “44% of website visitors will leave a website if no contact information or phone number exists on it.” – (Source: Traks Media)
Do you know a lot of visitors don’t find websites to be legit until they figure out the contact address, phone number or email. This happens with a lot of websites out their whose layout has not been planned well or their development lacks experience and they wonder why they don’t get leads from their website or see no point in having them.
To conclude just as you got to put fuel into your car to be able to drive you around, in the same way if you want your website to be be able to generate business for you then you have to ensure you have a combination of right design, content and budget to spend on Search Engine Optimization(SEO) and Social Media marketing(SMM) to analyze and convert your visitors into sales.
At Traks Media we focus on slightest of the elements of your website to keep up with the above mentioned stats. Our emphasis is to not just build you a website but an online business that showcases your products, attracts visitors and gives ROI to your business.